Lovia wants to be an all-remote company in order to increase effectiveness and efficiency. (proof that GitLab’s culture works)
The Remote Manifesto
All-remote work promotes:
- Hiring and working from all over the world instead of from a central location.
- Flexible working hours over set working hours.
- Writing down and recording knowledge over verbal explanations.
- Written down processes over on-the-job training.
- Public sharing of information over need-to-know access.
- Opening up every document for editing by anyone over top-down control of documents.
- Asynchronous communication over synchronous communication.
- The results of work over the hours put in.
- Formal communication channels over informal communication channels.
|👥 Intranet Portal||About Lovia|
|✉ Email (server + webmail + mobile app)||Most users use: Gmail Personal setup with forwarder + SMTP (TODO: how to? ask Tech)|
Some users use: G Suite
|Email domains: @lovia.life / @miluv.app / @soluvas.com|
|📄 General Documents|
|G Suite / Google: Calendar + Drive + Docs + Sheets + Slides + Forms||Google Drive folders must be shared from a G Suite account.|
|✅ Task List||General tasks: Notion|
Proprietary software: GitLab Issues – Lovia | Miluv | Soluvas
Open source software: GitHub – Soluvas
|💬 Chat||Rocket.chat||Install Rocket.chat client on your desktop & mobile device|
|⚙ General Workflow||Camunda|
Google Search Console
Facebook Business Manager
Google Data Studio
|👀 Sales & Marketing Handbook|
|💲 Finance||Zoho Books||👀 Finance Handbook|
Processes and Continuous Improvement
As an all-remote company, Lovia is also document-intensive. With it comes processes as first-class members of documentation. To make this formal and scalable, we adopt the Camunda BPM life cycle. (yes, this is a meta-process 😎🤘)
(reference: Real-Life BPMN book)